Allyson Blair Biography
Allyson Blair is an American reporter working for Hawaii News Now as an investigative reporter. She joined the Hawaii News Now team in 2015.
She attended Virginia Commonwealth University where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Electronic Media. Her career as an investigative reporter has taken her all over the country. and she has won many awards over the years. While working at Hawaii News Now, she provides in-depth coverage of Hawaii’s; homeless crisis and sheds light on the lack of mental health resources for people on the street.
For her investigative work, in 2018, she triggered the state government to change a law thus making it easier for people suffering from mental illness to get access to care. Allyson’s reports also exposed the use of an unregulated chemical that was being used by a number of Hawaii’s medical marijuana dispensaries.
Virginia is her native home and during her childhood days, she spent most of her time on a lobster boat as she worked in her family’s seafood market. She attended and graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University with a degree in Electronic Media. After graduating, she worked her way up the ranks in news at stations in North Carolina and Virginia before she took up a job at the CBS affiliate in Phoenix, Arizona.
Not long after, she was honored with an Emmy Award for producing breaking news coverage of the Tucson mass shooting, where U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was wounded. During her free time, she loves tossing around a football at the beach, hiking, fishing, and at Rainbow’s Drive-In eating a Mahi sandwich.
Allyson Blair Salary
Blair earns a salary of about $47,000-$120,000.
Allyson Blair Net Worth
Blair has an estimated net worth of about $1 Million – $7 Million which she has earned through her career as a reporter.
Allyson Blair Age
Blair likes to keep her personal life private hence she has not disclosed her age. However, this information will be updated when available.
Allyson Blair Height and Weight
Blair stands at the height of 5 feet 5 inches tall. However, information about her weight will be updated when available.
Allyson Blair Family
Blair’s father is a commercial fisherman. However, she has neither disclosed the names of her parents nor those of her siblings as she likes to keep her personal life private.
Allyson Blair Husband and Children
Blair has not disclosed her relationship status as she is very private with her personal life. However, this information will be updated when available.
Allyson Blair Awards
- 2011 Emmy Award for Breaking News Coverage: Tucson Mass Shooting that injured Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords
- 2017 National Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Documentary: Prescribing Hope
- 2017 Emmy Award for Health/Science/Environment – Program/Special: Prescribing Hope
- 2017 Associated Press Award for Best Documentary: Prescribing Hope
- 2017 Society of Professional Journalist Award for Series Reporting/Documentary/Special News: Prescribing Hope
- 2018 Society of Professional Journalist Award for General News Reporting: Juvenile Junkies
- 2018 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award of Hard New Reporting: Juvenile Junkies
- 2018 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for Investigative Reporting: Sex Offenders Living in Parks
- 2018 National Edward R. Murrow Award for Excellence in Sound: Battle for on Street Parking
- 2019 Associated Press Award for Documentary: Prescribing Hope: Trapped on the Street
- 2019 Associated Press Award for Investigative Reporting: CBD Dangerous Interactions
- 2019 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for Continuing Coverage: Prescribing Hope: Trapped on the Street
- 2019 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for Documentary: Prescribing Hope: Trapped on the Street
- 2019 Emmy for Health/Science/Environment – Program/Special: Prescribing Hope: Trapped on the Streets
Allyson Blair Social Media Platform
Blair is very active on her Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages. She has 4k followers on Twitter 3k followers on Instagram and 8k followers on Facebook.